Helping Mayflex to Become a Circular Leader in the Electronic Sector
Evolveable Consulting is a leading provider of circularity solutions for businesses that want to transition to a more sustainable and profitable model.
We help our clients measure, improve, and communicate their circularity performance and create new value propositions based on circular principles.
In this blog post, we will share how we conducted a circularity gap analysis for Mayflex, a large electronic distributor in the UK, and what we found out.
What is a Circularity Gap Analysis?
A circularity gap analysis is a comprehensive assessment of how circular a company is and how it can become more circular.
Circularity is the ability to keep products, components, and materials at their highest utility and value at all times, eliminating waste and pollution.
A circularity gap analysis follows four steps:
- Data collection: We gather relevant data on the company’s products, processes, and performance indicators.
- Benchmarking: We compare the company’s circularity performance with industry standards and best practices.
- Gap identification: We identify the critical gaps and challenges that prevent the company from achieving higher levels of circularity.
- Opportunity prioritisation: We prioritise the most promising opportunities for improvement and develop a roadmap for action.
Why Mayflex Needed a Circularity Gap Analysis?
Mayflex is a leading distributor of advanced network infrastructure, cabling, and security solutions. The company operates in a highly competitive and fast-changing market, where customer expectations and regulatory requirements are constantly evolving.
Mayflex wanted to understand how circular it was and how it could improve its circularity performance to gain a competitive edge and create long-term value for its stakeholders.
How We Conducted the Analysis
Our team of circularity experts worked closely with Mayflex’s management and staff to conduct the analysis. We used a range of methods, such as stakeholder interviews, data reviews, surveys, and workshops, to collect and analyze data on Mayflex’s products, processes, and performance indicators.
We identified the critical gaps and challenges that Mayflex faced in increasing its level of circularity. We also explored the potential opportunities for improvement and prioritised them based on their feasibility, impact, and alignment with Mayflex’s strategic goals.
What We Found Out
The analysis revealed that Mayflex had a significant potential to increase its circularity performance and create new business opportunities. We recommended several actions that Mayflex could take to improve its circularity performance and create new value propositions based on circular principles. Some of the key findings were:
- Being an electrical distributor, Mayflex is an inherent linear business model. However, there are significant opportunities in the electronic sector for companies to embrace circularity, no matter where they sit in the value chain.
- Circularity in Design – Redesigning products and packaging to reduce material use and increase durability.
- Product-as-a-Service: Partnering with circular service providers to offer customers leasing, refurbishment, and repair options.
How Evolveable Consulting Can Help You
If you are interested in conducting a circularity gap analysis for your company or want to learn more about our circularity solutions, please contact us today.
We will happily discuss your needs and goals to help you transition to a more circular future.